Organization: Security Advisor Alliance
Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary: Based on Experience
Start Date: Immediate
The Security Advisor Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit serving the cybersecurity community. The Alliance is led by a Board of Directors of cybersecurity executives from some of the world’s largest and most respected organizations. Our mission is to drive cybersecurity awareness, promote diversity within the industry, and promote best practice sharing and leadership development for professionals. A key initiative of the Alliance is to promote cybersecurity to students across the country to not only empower them to understand and protect their own privacy, but to consider this incredible industry as a career path. The work the Alliance does is challenging, rewarding and is incredible crucial as our lives and the world we live in becomes more connected.
The Alliance is seeking candidates for a full-time Executive Director position. The Executive Director is the organization’s senior professional responsible for strategic leadership,management, and operations. In addition to day-to-day operations, key responsibilities of the Executive Director include 1) Revenue generation and sponsor engagement, 2) Membership and community engagement, communications, event planning,resource building, and strategy, 3) Student education eventplanning and facilitation, resource building and engagement strategy, and 4) Develop and manage strategic direction of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide long-term strategic and day-to-day operational leadership of the organization under the direction of and in collaboration with the Board of Directors
• Administrative and operational duties including but not limited to financial management, tax preparation in conjunction with accounting firm, state and federal nonprofit filings, Board and member meeting facilitation, Board reporting, event planning and attendee recruitment, etc.
• Design, implement and evaluate new and existing programming to ensure alignment with organizational mission, values and goals
• Serve as lead representative of organization to members, prospective members, partners, prospective partners, school and district representatives, and the general public
• Manage staff, vendors, and volunteers to accomplish established goals in a manner consistent with organizational values
• Develop, monitor, approve and implement policies and procedures appropriate to the operation of the organization
• Build and maintain positive relationships with partners, schools and educators, industry organizations and members to execute on the mission of the organization and drive value to all parties involved
• Ensure sustainability of the organization through effective fundraising, donor relations, grant management, sponsorship, and earned revenue as well as stewarding the organization’s financial resources in a disciplined and prudent manner
• Ensure timely, meaningful communications to all key audiences across all channels and mediums and work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communication on general communication strategy and messaging
• 5 years of experience in a successful senior-level leadership role with a similar type of organization or a nonprofit organization
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business or related field; master’s degree preferred
• Strong business expertise, strategic planning and experience managing a budget and staff/consultants
• Strong financial management skills, decision making and reporting
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organizational abilities, including planning, delegating,program development and task facilitation
• Experience in fundraising and business development
• Ability to interface with and motivate Board members, volunteers, and partners
• Ability to lead executive level meetings and public speaking
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Entrepreneurial drive
• Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
Domestic travel is a requirement for this position. Travel isapproximately 10-20% annually to student, partner and community events.
This position is a 1099 contractor position and does not include any benefit package.
Interim Executive Director